Join now - be part of our community!

Using Product Recovery CD-ROM

Stephen_c2
Visitor

Using Product Recovery CD-ROM

Following the difficulties I have been having trying to get a USB audio device to work on my PCG N105 I have decided that it is abouttime to use the Product Recovery CD-ROM's.

http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=33855

I am a little teriffied as I have some very useful programs that I don't want to be messed up and have yet to do a full backup.

Any recomendations as to the best backing up procedure and things I should be aware of...

I am assuming that the recovery disks will not over-write everything else on drive C:

Best Wishes and thanks for your time,
Steve

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Two ways you could go here.

1) if you have an external hard disk, or connected to a wired LAN, you could make an image of your hard disk, with something like Acronis TrueImage. This will backup EVERYTHING, it's like someone's made a twin of your hard disk.

2) You could use the file and settings transfer tool in Windows - Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Files and Settings Transfer Tool. This will back up email, internet settings, application specific settings and files which you've selected. Long winded, but it's not a bad route to go - personally I'd go for 1.

HTH