Join now - be part of our community!

Using Vista

elston
Visitor

Using Vista

I have been using my 40gb vaio pocket for a while now, and today upgraded to vista, after backing up key files on to my vaio pocket, using it as a portable hard drive, i formatted installed vista etc. I can't seem to get vista to recognise the vaio at all. I plug it in via the cradle with power attached, and it takes ages searching for preconfigured driver folders and finally does recognise it as Sony HMP-U01 which is correct and it appears in device management as "disk drive", but it won't display the drive in my computer or let me access any of the files at all.

If anyone has any ideas or previous experience i'm open to suggestions? :thinking:

5 REPLIES 5
scotty2hotty
Visitor

I am having the same issue with xp pro am going to try it on a different platform such as home or 2000

Very frustrating as i have also tranfered lots of files and now cant access......have read another thread where some contacted sony and was told it was due to water ingress.......we shall see but if any one can help please do or all it is now is a very expensive digital clock 😞

profile.country.en_GB.title
nrmalle
Visitor

i am using on xp pro for a long time no problems.i am not an expert but upgraded to recent sonicstage as well.

belgrave

elston
Visitor

I know vista uses a new winFS filling system, but surely it can still handle FAT32, but anyway i have decided to dual boot vista and XP home to solve the problem.

Mr_ADH
Visitor

download and install the windows vista mobile device centre

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I know vista uses a new winFS filling system, but surely it can still handle FAT32, but anyway i have decided to dual boot vista and XP home to solve the problem.

Windows Vista has no WinFS. It's still using NTFS5.