Join now - be part of our community!

V2S Optical out

RikLear
Visitor

V2S Optical out

what does this do? i have 5.1 speakers through a external sound card but the pc tv that came with the computer only comes out of the origional computer speakers. someone told me this is because it is weirded directly to the origional sound card. i thought if this was true i could just put i wried from the opitcal out and the V2S into my new speakers and if i changed to the optical channel i could get the tv sound through my new speakers. but it does work. the sound still comes from the origional speakers!?
what do i have to do to get the tv sound through my new speakers? please help!

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It outputs the sound in digital format so a digital decoder can process it to analogue.

Means you don't get quality loss due to bad cabling etc.

RikLear
Visitor

yeah i know that it does that but i mean why isnt it working? the sounds is still comming out for my origional speaker when i watch tv. my sounds card is set to my 5.1 sound card through usb and the optical out is connected to the 5.1 speakers too!?

kee-lo_

Think you need to set it in VAIO Zone too

RikLear
Visitor

how do i do this?

kee-lo_

I don't have VAIO Zone, but lets see if VL has a solution.............

Bah, and they call that help? Nothing there!

kee-lo_

Well for Gigapocket it doesn't work on live TV!

KRM
Visitor

I'm having the same problem with a RA304. hopefully there is an answer from someone

adamb12
Visitor

i think if you use vaio media for watching tv it works. try it and let me no:smileyhappy:

hldomster
Visitor

I HATE VAIO zone:smileyangry: . Its way too slow and you can't run sonicstage simultaneously. The interface is nice however, but I want something that runs better.

I wish I had an A317S, damn you Eugene:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

Just being random now, but can anyone remember this man: