Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio All In One problems SVL2413M1EB

Explorer

Vaio All In One problems SVL2413M1EB

Fresh out of the box today and 7 hours later there's a high chance it's going back in the box and dumped back at the retailer.

1. Cannot activate Windows 8 either online or over the phone. Online it times out with error code 0x80072EE2, 'The operation timed out'. Trying to do it over the phone doesn't work with the generated code as it thinks this code has already been used before.

2. Internet Explorer 10 is unusable to the extent I can't even load Firefox or Chrome (assuming it's an IE10 problem). If it's not IE10 then what is it?

3. I refuse to call Sony's premium phone line to fix their *****ing problem machine. They should provide a freephone number.

I'm hoping someone knows why this brand new machine is behaving like a bag of *****.

I'm not surprised they make more money selling insurance than consumer electronics these days.

I've always had Sony computers before, and at the moment this one's going back.

(sent from an old Vaio running XP)

16 REPLIES 16
Explorer

Hi Blencogo,

I wasn't using any antivirus at this stage.

I'd tried deleting McAfee but read somewhere you had to register before uninstalling, so did both.

No firewall, no antivirus.

Thanks for all your help.

I've now put it back in the box and will return it after wasting a day of my life on this thing.

Bye bye Sony, Windows 8, IE10, etc, Apple here I come.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Sorry you've had a hard time with this machine.

Before you do abandon Sony...don't forget every single electronics manufacturer can have faults.

(Yes even Macs, never mind Dell, HP etc.)

Why not try a replacement first? (just to see if you got the machine that the man on nightshift forgot to press a button on before release.)

shabana123
Explorer

hi i was wondering if anyone can help me...

im having wireless connections with the svf15a1m2es. my wireless connection is good only in the room with the router, if i go to any other room next to it the wireless connection disapears. i am getting very frustrated with this issue. plz someone help me x

profile.country.en_GB.title
sonytjm
Explorer

I had an almost identical problem a year ago. With help from McAfee we got rid of its antivirus and it worked fine. This was a 2412 not 2413. As a result I have removed McAfee as the first task on the 2413 and had no problem. Maybe coincidence?
shabana123
Explorer

did you get intouch with Mcafee ? ill try what you did!

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi all, if you are planning on removing the preinstalled McAfee AV then you should also download & run the McAfee removal tool. See How to uninstall McAfee for more information.

mechanick
Explorer

Hi there - I have a problem with the same machine - any idea how I can post my problem? 

Sorry to seem such an idiot!?