Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO CAMERA CAPTURE CAPABILITY

Peteri
Visitor

VAIO CAMERA CAPTURE CAPABILITY

Hello,

Is it possible to record videos with sony vaio's built-in camera? on a model such as the vgn-fj3s/w.

Peter

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There seems to be so many problems with your AR21S so probably the only reliable way forward is to carry out a full Recovery back to factory settings and then add the Updates. You would have to back up your data and reinstall all your programs but you will have to do that when Vista arrives anyway.

Looking back, there are too many problems to troubleshoot individually.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Peter,

Have you got it working?

:thinking:

Peteri
Visitor

Its not there,

Yea, Blen it is not there (btw im running xp) and I can't find a download for the capture utility on the support site...

Any advice?

Peter

a7med_360
Visitor

There seems to be so many problems with your AR21S so probably the only reliable way forward is to carry out a full Recovery back to factory settings and then add the Updates.  You would have to back up your data and reinstall all your programs but you will have to do that when Vista arrives anyway.

Looking back, there are too many problems to troubleshoot individually.

:slight_frown:

thats if vista arrive.............one questions what else does the vaio camera cpature utility do????

Peteri
Visitor

I can stream video via msn and skype, but I want to record video and save it is that possible?

Peteri
Visitor

Guys breakthrough!!!!

Use Windows movie maker and use 'capture from video device' and then you can record and edit videos.

Peter

a7med_360
Visitor

when im use it on wlm(msn) when the cam i sowkring i get the small utlity box which allows me to zoom hide my video picture etc is that it????? u can just run the camera from my computer and it will open automatically

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi a7med_360,

I agree with Blencogo, you seem to have a variety of problems and I think running the Vaio recovery program and starting again would be the best option.. :slight_frown:

Make sure you back-up your important data first.. :wink:

a7med_360
Visitor

Hi a7med_360,

I agree with Blencogo, you seem to have a variety of problems and I think running the Vaio recovery program and starting again would be the best option.. :slight_frown:

Make sure you back-up your important data first.. :wink:

Thanks for the advice Thalamus & Blencogo, I will do a system recover but do you think i should wait for a my vista to arrive or do it now?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

That would depend on you really, are you happy to wait for the Vista express disc's and continue using your Vaio as it is at the moment..?