Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio care disappears after updating, even after a 'repair'

profile.country.en_GB.title
volans41
Visitor

Vaio care disappears after updating, even after a 'repair'

Vaio care disappears after updating, & I have to do a system restore to get it back ( I have a feeling that it doesn't work properly anyway). While I'm on this topic, I paid sony £80 to correct this after it first went wrong ( not realising at the time that a restore would get it back). I complained - & here is the conversation:-

8:27 AM  Support session established with Sony CC- Tech 1.

8:27 AM 

Sony CC- Tech 1:

Welcome to OmniTech Support.

8:27 AM 

Sony CC- Tech 1:

Could you please confirm your Name, Phone # and Email address for our records?

8:28 AM 

Customer:

Sony CC- Tech 1:

Thanks for the information, Peter.

Sony CC- Tech 1:

How may I assist you today?

8:32 AM 

Customer:

I had my computer sorted by you recently, one of the problems was sony care had stopped working. it was ok until it automatically updated, and then the problem returned. i did a system restore to rectify.

8:32 AM 

Customer:

should i disable updates?

8:33 AM 

Customer:

surely this should not happen.

8:34 AM 

Sony CC- Tech 1:

Thanks for the information.

8:34 AM 

Sony CC- Tech 1:

Peter, please do not install the updates which are related to the VAIO Care.

8:37 AM 

Customer:

o.k. But why have updates that crash the program, it doesn't make sony look very good, also it seems that I paid sony to sort a problem that was their fault in the 1st place!

8:41 AM 

Sony CC- Tech 1:

That was due to the conflicts with the VAIO Care application version and VAIO updates for the same.

8:41 AM 

Sony CC- Tech 1:

I suggest you not to install the updates related to VAIO Care application.

8:43 AM 

Customer:

I notice that you did not comment on the statement about my paying sony to sort a problem caused by them

8:46 AM 

Sony CC- Tech 1:

We have resolved the issue with the VAIO Care and the VAIO Care is working fine in the computer.

8:46 AM 

Sony CC- Tech 1:

You had confirmed the same.

8:50 AM 

Customer:

It still doesn't change the fact that sony caused the problem in the 1st place. I wonder if I could break something I had supplied to someone, then charge them for the repair? -  I did not think that i would get anywhere with this, but thought it worth a try.

8:52 AM 

Sony CC- Tech 1:

Is the VAIO Care working fine now?

8:52 AM 

Customer:

yes thanks to me doing a system restore

Am I just being stroppy, or do you people out there think I should have got my money back?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

They seem to be having issues with Vaio Care. Until this gets resolved I wouldn't worry too much and temporarily stop updating anything about Vaio Care. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif