Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Care has stopped working

SOLVED
Evergreen91
Explorer

VAIO Care has stopped working

I have an ALL IN ONE PC(VPCJ21M1E) purchased in Jan 2012.

Every time I boot up I get a message "VAIO Care has stopped working. Click for solution or Close Program".  No result from "Click for solution"

Manual (Page 25) says "To launch VAIO Care press ASSIST button.  Done this nothing happens.

Going to the Start Button and" Programmes - VAIO" brings up the message "VAIO Care has experiencd an error.  Please restart application".  Doing this brings up a repeat of the same error message.

Have looked at VAIO Web Site but, as expected, it is a veritable minefield, hence my recourse to the Community in hope that some kind soul will help me.  I would be most grateful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Evergreen91
Explorer

Thanks Rich. I'll have a go at this later and come back to you.

Brian.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Evergreen91,

There were numerous reports of this problem a couple of years ago – I don’t remember any recent problems but you may find this thread of some help…

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/PCs-Accessories/Please-help-me/td-p/339930

I can’t see any updated Vaio Care for your model but you could try uninstalling Vaio Care from Control Panel and then reinstalling the original program from the preinstalled drivers and utilities section for your model ( I assume you are still running Windows 7?).

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCJ21M1EB/updates

If this is a recent problem you could also try a system restore back to a date when you know that Vaio Care was working.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Evergreen91
Explorer

Thanks for your repy Rich. Yes I am usung Windows 7, and Google Chrome, but am having difficulty uninstalling VAIO Care.   When I click 'Uninstall' in the Control Pannel I get "Programme is running", so I go to the Task Manager and stop the programme but get the same answer when I return to the Control Pannel and try to 'Uninstall' again and again.

Have to go out now but will look for your reply later..

Brian

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Brian,

I can’t say I know what the problem is but try uninstalling in Safe Mode.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Evergreen91
Explorer

Thanks Rich. I'll have a go at this later and come back to you.

Brian.

Evergreen91
Explorer

Hi Rich,

Thanks to you all is now well except that the ASSIST button still doen't respond but, as this was the first time I had tried to activate it I shall never know whether it ever did work. Still, I reckon I can live with that, so thank you very much for your help.  This was my first post in this forum and I am delighted that it was so successful.

Best regards,

Brian 

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Brian,

I’m pleased to hear Vaio Care is now working.

Does pressing ASSIST when the computer is fully shut down launch Vaio Care Rescue? Also, do all the general Fn (function) keys (e.g. brightness and volume) work?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat