Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Event Service

mvveelen
Visitor

Vaio Event Service

Hi there.

I'm trying to install the Vaio Event Service (for my S1 and S2 button to work) from the Vaio Utils, map No 5, but it keeps telling me it isn't installed yet so the upgrade won't work. Duh.....I know it itsn't installed, but I'm trying to......

What can I do to install it anyway ?

I have a Sony Vaio FE11M by the way.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Before installing Vaio Event Service install Sony Utilities and Sony Shared Library - in that order.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mvveelen
Visitor

Did that already. With and without reboots between the installations. Nothing worked.
Is there maybe a registry setting that I need to alter to be able to install the event service tool ? Or maybe something else I can do about this ?

mvveelen
Visitor

Tried everything I think......even in Safe modus......same message. Can I "trick" XP into installing it in another way ?

Sebby
Visitor

I had this problem once (albeit on a different model). I solved it by uninstall all Sony stuff and starting again.

mvveelen
Visitor

I had this problem once (albeit on a different model). I solved it by uninstall all Sony stuff and starting again.

Tried that a few minutes ago : no result. It's frustrating me.....

mvveelen
Visitor

Nobody an idea how to get this installed ?

mvveelen
Visitor

Well, I guess not..... :cry:

mararie
Visitor

i have the same prob. i reinstalled the utility folders 1, 2, 5 (in that order), but unly S1 works... i always have this problem after formatting, and always only the S1 button works, not the S2

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Some members have reported that it was necessary to repeat the installation of theses utilities 2 or 3 times before having full functionality of the Fn keys.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat