Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio FE11H Windows XP media centre to Windows XP Pro

Bartechnic
Visitor

Vaio FE11H Windows XP media centre to Windows XP Pro

Hello Everybody, I got a new vaio FE11H pre-installed with Microsoft XP media centre edition, I have now installed Microsoft XP Pro with SP2. The DVD dive is now recognised as a pioneer DVD-RW and dosen't play DVDs and the sound is not working. The computer is not recognising a PCI device (I assume that this is the sound card). I need help, I need audio... Thanksodwyerb@tcd.ie

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Bartechnic and welcome to the forum.

For the sound problem have a look at this thread.

Regarding the read of DVD's, have you re-installed Win DVD or similar since changing the operating system?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Bartechnic
Visitor

Thanks very much for your help, one more question ' None of the extra sony keys e.g. brighten +/- are working, do you know how to fix this problem, cheers,

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sounds like you need to download an re-install the Vaio Utilities from .Vaio-Link

Bartechnic
Visitor

Do you not have to re-install the original OS to do this? sorry, about my ignorance...

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

No, it's an EXE file which runs in Windows

Bartechnic
Visitor

Hmmmm.... Can't seem to find this .exe file ;Help

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Your particular model does not have a single .exe that will re-install all the utilities. Instead, in the pre-installed utilities folder, you will find Utils installer folders numbered from 1 to 14 plus a couple of others. To get the function keys to work install the following utilities in this order:

1.Utils installer 1 (Sony Utilities)
2.Utils installer 2 (Sony Shared Library)
3.Utils installer 4 (Setting utility series)

You will need to reboot for the changes to take effect and, in addition, it may be necessary to repeat the procedure more than once before it will work.

If you are then experiencing difficulties try re-installing all the utilities in numerical sequence.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Bartechnic
Visitor

Cheers, I will try this out later, appreciate your help,