Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO FE11S PAINT GET's OFF KEYBOARD & BUTTONS

jverdeyen
Visitor

VAIO FE11S PAINT GET's OFF KEYBOARD & BUTTONS

Dear Sony contributers,

I bought my new Sony Vaio FE11S less than a month ago.
Now it seems like the painting on my keyboard (the lettres) seem to get of !!! Also the paint on my mute button is falling of,
This doesn't like very nice, is there a posibilty to change those things?
Cause otherwise I can't sugest other people to buy a Sony Vaio,
after less than a month he looks like I've been using him for years.

please respond as soon as possible,
joeriverdeyen at gmail dot com

kind regards!

21 REPLIES 21
kaspandido
Visitor

same with my "Volume +" button.

My VGN-FE11H is only 2 months old. Dont really like that fact.
Please tell us wether Sony does offer any keyboard exchange service or if theres any other replacement possibility.

jverdeyen
Visitor

wich number should I call in Belgium to report this ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jverdeyen,

Here is the contact information for both Belgium (Dutch) and Belgium (French). :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

same with my "Volume +" button.

My VGN-FE11H is only 2 months old. Dont really like that fact.
Please tell us wether Sony does offer any keyboard exchange service or if theres any other replacement possibility.

Hi kaspandido,

As your Vaio is only 2 months old, I would advise you to contact Vaio-Link..

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

They don't make 'em like they used to, my keys are fine

russo
Visitor

Same here. Not good enough for a 2-month old machine. I asked one of the guys in the Sony Centre what to do and he said check the Vaio web site. Again, not good enough, I bought from the high street because I thought the customer service would be better.

gnomo74
Visitor

I've been in touch with VAIO-LINK and they told me they have acknowledged the problem. They offered that I hold on before I send my VGN-FE11 for repair since they are not checking their stock of spare parts to ensure they do not have the same problem. I can live with the paint fading away form the button for a little longer (I guess). Also there's no point sending my VAIO away for 5-7 days to send it back again in a little while.

tonybeard
Explorer

I have a Vaio Link replaced keyboard due to the same exact problem and we use a separate wireless keyboard so the wifey and I just don't touch it. (ridiculous)

kee-lo_

You shouldn't have to do that Tony, you should be able to feel free to type on it