VAIO FE21H

profile.country.GB.title
dangernish
New

VAIO FE21H

Hello,

Ive recently got a FE21H laptop.

Theres somethings I am confused about.

1) There is a Local Area Network (2) which seems to always be unplugged. Something to do with a bluetooth personal area network.. What is this?

2) I used to have a icon in the toolbar that notified me when the touchpad was activated and where it was being touched.
I right clicked and exited the application as I thought it was not working properly (it was not registering the left hand side of the touchpad).
It has not turned up again. Will I need this in future?

Many thanks for any input

Nish

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

When you don't have an ethernet cable plugged in, Windows likes to tell you that you're not connected, in case you're wondering why you're not. LOL I know.

Bluetooth Personal Network is for when you connect a bluetooth device to your laptop.

The touchpad software might be useful for when you want to deactivate it, maybe when you use a mouse.

profile.country.GB.title
dangernish
New

Got it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Nish

If you wish to replace the touch pad icon, go to Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Mouse, then click on the Miscellaneous tab, select 'Display Icon in Task Bar' then click apply and the touch pad icon should have returned..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
dangernish
New

Cheers mate :slight_smile:

I will leave it off as the way the left hand side doesnt register does my head in!

Good to know the option is there though :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Nish,

Have you checked the touchpad fuction properties?

The colour bars that appear on the touchpad icon in the task bar are directly linked to the function settings applied in the mouse properties, i.e. Scroll function, etc...

I do not think there are not any settings for the left side of the touchpad, then nothing appears on the left of the touch pad icon when this side is touched...:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
dangernish
New

ah right..

I thought it was there just to tell you that is was recognising each section of the touchpad

thanks mate :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Nish..:smileyhappy: