Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO FZ + CPU CLOCK

Krevety
Visitor

VAIO FZ + CPU CLOCK

Hi, i have might serious problem.
I have European Vaio FZ-21Z (CPU: T7500 etc.)

My problem is, that CPU doesn's use his minimal frequency. Those processors are capable to underclock from 2200MHz to 1200MHz according intel specifications. But mine use as lowest frequency only 1600MHz. I tried RMClock, a this utility can slow down processor more, but if i want to go back up, computer freeze. I tried all power profiles and set manually lower percentage cpu clock in vista power management, but unsucessfull.

Can anyone help me, I would like to know opinions of other Vaio FZ users also. Thanks for reply.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the club,
I have the FZ 's big brother the AR. I have over clocked and under clocked AMD chipsets using RMClock and had no problems using Vista ultimate 64bit and XP Pro 32 bit. I would say the Sony power plan management system is attempting to default causing the freeze. If it doesn't work on a Vaio then system restore to a time before you installed it or try different settings like performance ,battery etc. to bring the frequency in line with the default settings.

Krevety
Visitor

hi, and thx for reply, i should try this, but

i would like to hear some Vaio FZ user's opinion, before i try system restore or something else :slight_smile:

Krevety
Visitor

Looks like i am only one who has bought Vaio FZ :laughing: