Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio FZ21M Problem with writing Dual Layer DVDs

SkiA
Visitor

Vaio FZ21M Problem with writing Dual Layer DVDs

Greetings to all!

I just bought a Sony Vaio FZ21M - I must confess I 'm very satisfied with it so far.
The only problem I'm facing is that when I'm writing movies on Dual Layer DVDs , the booktype is set to DVD+R DL and not to DVD-ROM. As a result I cannot play these DVDs on the DVD Player that is connected to my tv.
A friend of mine has FZ11M and when we write DL DVDs with it, they can be played without a problem on the above mentioned DVD Player.
Does anyone else face the same problem? Is there any way to fix it? Do I have to wait for a firmware update for MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ-120 ATA Device?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

3 REPLIES 3
gampi
Visitor

yes i have the same problem with my vaio
and my bd-dvd drive
but just since today
when you have a solution please conact memgampi(at)gmx.ch

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi gampi and welcome to Club Vaio.

Your problem is different - you have a Code 19 error - this can be fixed by a simple Registry edit.

The following involves changes to the registry and I recommend that you set a System Restore Point.

Then:

1.Click Start -> Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter. For Vista, type REGEDIT into the search box and open it).
2. Navigate to –

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

click on this and locate UpperFilters in the right-hand window, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.
3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.
4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software if it doesn't work – but not usually.

:wink:

SkiA
Visitor

Hi and thanks for replying!
it seems though that we face different problems, in device manager I get that this device is working properly. I think that I have to wait for fimware update, because I have diver version 6.0.6000.16386