Join now - be part of our community!

vaio grx416g not booting

steve7426
Visitor

vaio grx416g not booting

I've just aquired a grx416g and it looks a beauty. It was given to me with a fault though - not booting at all. HDD spins up briefly as does the CPU cooling fan but then all just sits there with the Battery light 1 flashing twice, then off then then twice again and so on. Me thinks this could just be the charging signal though.
Any suggestions would be helpful

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Have you

Taken the battery out
Re-seated the RAM?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This could be the GRX series (and other) memory slot soldering problem – try a Google….

To confirm this try one memory module in each slot – this will hopefully identify the faulty slot.

If this is the problem then this LINK, posted by William, may be of help.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
steve7426
Visitor

Thank you for your suggestions on this. I have done some further work on the Notebook which may shed more light. I have replaced RAM into both slots, replaced HDD, removed and replaced battery (dont have a new one unfortunately but it seems to have charged fully overnight) and have removed and reseated the CPU. My next step tonight will be to change the CPU over with another I have here and see if that works. If not then I think it may be a main board fault and therefore worth every penny I paid for it - zero....haha