Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio is slow.

Vaio is slow.

Hi people,
A few years ago I bought a cheap laptop from medion. i was a student and didn't have much money. I paid 999 euro and it had everything I needed. A good processor, wireless internet, good big harddrive, ir, cardreader.. A month ago this computer failed and I had to buy a new laptop so I decided to go for a more decent model. Pay a little bit more but also get some better quality. I have the fs415B for a few weeks now and I'm am busy to install everything(didn't have time yet before). And I noticed that the computer is actually really slow. I did not install anything but If I want to start the dvd-program it takes several minutes to start the program. My old laptop was like 10 times faster. Also there is no ir, bleutooth or any extras and i paid a lot for it. ALso the hard drive is very noisy. Could it be that the shop where I bought it sold me an old model? I know the guy that works there very well and it would be shit if he sold me crap. ANd I feel like I bought crap. Did anyone had the same experience or is there anything I can do?
Thanx for the help.
Tim.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Tim

Sony install far too much when they are in the factory, specially some of the rubbish you don't need.

The Adobe stuff is good though

kingalexius
Visitor

My vaio is sometimes slow too !!

Whereas I've put it on level 5 for the ventilator (speed processor), and click on performances, in "vaio power managment" !

kingalexius
Visitor

How to manage it ?

meet_da_dealer
Visitor

By the way , how do u get tot that utility ( Vaio Power Manager?)
I also have 2 Vaio models old and new Fs series and the old runs pretty slow now would be great for it to run faster^^:smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

By the way , how do u get tot that utility ( Vaio Power Manager?)

Right click the power icon in the system tray and select Edit/Create profiles.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
HateBreeder
Visitor

In order to have a fast machine you have to delete all the unuseful programs, defrag often with a professional tool (i recomend O&O defrag professional) and be careful with the programs that start in startup!