Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Laptop VGN-NR32S STARTUP PROBLEMS - CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP

profile.country.en_GB.title
hamlet35
New

Vaio Laptop VGN-NR32S STARTUP PROBLEMS - CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP

When I press start button the laptop tries to start, the VAIO screen comes on but I then get a black screen saying Error loading operating system.

I have tried all the Troubleshooting tips from Sony - tapping F8 gets same error message.  When I tap F10 i get:

My laptop seems to have died as it won't load Windows after switching on.  I have tried pressing F8 but that page won't load.  When I press F10 I get - Windows is loading files then a black screen whic says:-

'Edit Boot Options"

Edit Windows boot options for: Vaio Recovery Environment

Path: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

[ /DETECTHAL /MININT /REDIRECT RDIMAGEOFFSET=8192 RDIMAGELENGTH=3161088 R

DPATHmulti(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)sources\boot.wim

Is my laptop recoverable or is it totally dead.  Anyones' help would be much appreciated.               

]

I HAVE TRIED USING RECOVERY BACKUP DISCS AND IT SAYS - WINDOWS IS LOADING FILES WITH THE MOVNG GREY BAND UNDERNEATH BUT THEN IT JUST HANGS WITH A BLUE/GREY SCREEN AND NOTHING HAPPENS.

IT IS A WINDOWS VISTA OS.

Message was edited by: hamlet35

Message was edited by: hamlet35

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Bea,

Have a look in Device Manager under Mice and other pointing devices. You may find that you have a PS/2 mouse listed as opposed to a pointing device. If so you need to install the touchpad driver. Go to the following link and download Pointing Device / Touchpad Driver under Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-NR32S_S/updates

You will need to use the ‘Have Disk’ method to install...

Extract the files from the installation package to a known location.

Click Start > Control Panel.

Double click Device Manager.

Right click the device and select Properties

Click the Driver tab.

Click Update Driver.

Click Browse my computer for driver software.

Click Let me pick from a list...

Click Have Disk....

Click Browse and navigate to the folder where you placed the extracted files.

Click OK.

Click Next.

Click Finish.

Reboot your system if requested.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

Dear All,

i am also facing the same problam for my sony vio fz21M.....but my recovery is booting ..while bringing my laptop to factory setteing by using recovery disc 1 it will be stopped at 19 persentage of incorporating the os.

pls tell me the suggestion.

20141125_041625.jpg

Migeowi
Explorer

HDD has probablly gone. I have had mine replaced by Sony three times while under guarantee. they refused point blank to exchange the entire machine. Now a few months later it has many problems and is on its way out again. Sony know fibne well that they have majour issues with the HDD's but they still sell them as they have no good ethics. I am going to make as much bad publicity for them as I possibly can. I cannot afford to replace the laptop and it is what I use for work. So, without it, I'm unemployed.