Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio malfunctions and breaks within 1 week of purchase!

overmeer
Visitor

Vaio malfunctions and breaks within 1 week of purchase!

Hey,

I have bought a Vaio FS115B on April 4th.

What I have noticed is that when you close the notebook, the screen stays on untill you put some weight on it like a wallet.

And furthermore, the little hook that locks the screen and prevents it from opening broke off. I am not a so called heavy user and I use my laptop properly and decent. The hook is made of plastic...

I am a little bit disappointed in Sony...

15 REPLIES 15
gfaelli
Visitor

hi i brought a k415b laptop, and bANG ON waving it a week the dvd burner. stoped reading discs. i took it back to the shop, and i got a new one.

but this is realy poor on sony vaio

what r u thinkinh about your k415b?
I've bought one a week ago as well...

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah, but you still have to pay something.. that's really not fear!

True, it's very unfair

adamb12
Visitor

my new one seems to be ok, no problems yet.:smileyhappy:

overmeer
Visitor

Well, it's been over a year since I have purchased my 'fantastic' Sony Vaio.

As you could read, the lcd hook broke off in my first week.
I have also encounterd a problem with the lcd hook pushing in the button which puts out the screen if you close the lid.

The company from which I have purchased it has fixed it, and while I was talking to the expert guy, the issue came up of the broken hook. He told me that it wasn't an exception that my hook broke off. "It's always the right hook" he said.

In the earlier posts I said I had only have to pay for the hook, but it finally came down to labour costs, research costs and the price of the hook... the total was over 80 euro's. When I made an issue about what was said to me before that I would only have to pay for the hook, they 'gave me some slack' and didn't charge me the labour. Eventually I had to pay €27,37

As Sony had admitted that the broken hook falls under the normal guarantee, the company is checking now (a year later) if I can get my money back.

overmeer
Visitor

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

They'll probably claim as you didn't get VL to fix it you can't have any refunds.

Sad but true