Join now - be part of our community!

vaio mouse

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
john404
New

vaio mouse

hi i have a sony PCGA-WMS5 mouse which came with a vaio vgn-a297 laptop

i now have a vaio VPCEC2SOE laptop is there any way i can get this mouse connected to it

regards jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jon

Unfortunately not.

The old VGN-A Series Vaios had a built-in RF Receiver. I think this was the only Notebook model to have this receiver and so the mouse will only work with an A-Series Vaio or an All-in-One Desktop model.

There is an external USB receiver - PCGA-WRC5 - which you may find on eBay but it is designed for desktop use and is quite large.

Quite honestly, it will be cheaper and better to buy a new mouse which includes a very small nano USB receiver.

:wink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
john404
New

hi Blencogo thank you i have been trying for ages to connect now i no why i cannot regards Jon

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jon

Unfortunately not.

The old VGN-A Series Vaios had a built-in RF Receiver. I think this was the only Notebook model to have this receiver and so the mouse will only work with an A-Series Vaio or an All-in-One Desktop model.

There is an external USB receiver - PCGA-WRC5 - which you may find on eBay but it is designed for desktop use and is quite large.

Quite honestly, it will be cheaper and better to buy a new mouse which includes a very small nano USB receiver.

:wink:

nikkilim
Visitor

Bluetooth and WIFI mice are all over the place nowadays. Best time to shop around. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif