Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO music transfer - not working

mackiecross
Visitor

VAIO music transfer - not working

Greetings to all & a happy belated 2007!!!!!!!!

Looking for any help with the following:

I have a software problem with the VAIO music transfer software, where in the "drag & drop box" icon never appears on my desktop.

If you go into task manager, it shows that the programme is running, but whenever I try and "bring it to the front" I get the error message "programme not responding", then it crashes.

Sonicstage still works....but is a longer method of transferring tracks.

I've checked for updates, and seem to be running the latest versions of these programmes, very strange, one day it just stopped working.

Could there be a conflict with windows or any other programme running?

Any help......please would be greatly appeciated ?!?!?!

5 REPLIES 5
GingeCTW
Visitor

I know what you mean. Mine hasnt been working for ages. I've tried uninstalling the updated Music Transfer and re-installing from the disk, I've also tried formatting the VAIO itself but that didnt help. Now I got a brilliant MP3 player with NO tunage on it at all.

mackiecross
Visitor

I got mine working......

I just downloaded the VAIO music transfer programme and reinstalled. (without deleting the current version)

During reinstallation it gave me an option of modifying/repairing, and thats what I selected, and BOOM, its working again.

SOny software sucks!!!!

GingeCTW
Visitor

Mine didnt give me that option. Looks like I'll have to try again.

GingeCTW
Visitor

Cool...FINALLY got it working. Thank god!!!

Just deleted the new version of Music Transfer and then downloaded again. Bit of a head scratcher why it wouldnt transfer in the first place but its sorted now.

mackiecross
Visitor

Cannot beleive it!

It stopped working again!

Pain in the ***.