Join now - be part of our community!

Got 5 broken pixels, under warranty

Evil_Eye
Visitor

Got 5 broken pixels, under warranty

Hi, my sz1mb has got 5 broken pixels, and i was wondering if i could get the screen fixed by sony, under warranty.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Evil_Eye,

Here is a link to read the Sony Faulty Pixels Policy and if your vaio has more than the maximum number of stuck pixels, then I suggest you contact Vaio-Link

apierc1
Visitor

Just a quick note, I know the faulty pixel policy says, I believe it's 15? need to be stuck or dead before they will do anything, but there are 2 points worth noting here,

1. If you have recently purchased the machine (say less than 20 days ago) from a web based shop, it is likely you will be able to return the machine for any reason you like (as long as you haven't damaged it) under the "buying unseen goods" or whatever it is internet clause.

2. As I found with my PSP, there was supposed to be a minimum of 5 faulty pixels, the one machine I had, had only 2, one dead (hard to see) and one stuck red, in the middle of the screen, after some searching I found on a review website a quote from Sony that if a faulty pixel comprimises your enjoyment (use) of the product it was viable for either exchange or repair (this may or may not be applicable on vaio machines)

I hope this is helpful,

many thanks,

Andy

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Just a quick note, I know the faulty pixel policy says, I believe it's 15?

I didn't think it was as high as 15.. :thinking:

apierc1
Visitor

Sorry Thal, it's 7, I didn't go and read it until now, although I have ben quoted a number like 15 a Sony helpline when I originally got my machine, but that was a year and a half ago :slight_smile: anyway, it didn't really detract from my point :tongue:

Evil_Eye
Visitor

Ok thanks for your help.

I guess ill have to break another 2!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Now there is some software out there that claims to be able to fix dead pixels, though I don't dee how it possibly could.

Have a search around on Google. And be wary.

(Because I can't remember what its called)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Now there is some software out there that claims to be able to fix dead pixels, though I don't dee how it possibly could.

Have a search around on Google. And be wary.

(Because I can't remember what its called)

Here are two that I am aware of, not sure how effective they are though.. :thinking:

Stuck Pixel Sweeper and Dead Pixel Buddy

Let us know if they help.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

what are the color of the dead pixels?.. if they are black.. then they are dead,, you cant fix them anymore, but if they are red, green,any thing which is not black, then there is a chance that you could fix them....I have a 17" Satillite Toshiba laptop before with 2 STUCK pixels, what i did was play a High definition video clip over and over again(sometimes over night) , and from time to time, rub the area of the dead pixels with a very soft cloth, Amazingly after maybe a week the dead pixel starting to come alive,, then i did it for a couple more days, and it has been fixed.