Join now - be part of our community!

vaio pcg 81113M processor upgrade

dwcowan75
New

vaio pcg 81113M processor upgrade

Hi,

I have upgraded my vaio to 8GB RAM and put an SSD in. I am looking at swapping out the processor. Does anybody know what processor I can upgrade with (I dont know the socket type)

Showing PCG 81113M as the model type on the back on the laptop

any help appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dwcowan75 and welcome.

You have quoted the chassis type, so all I can tell is that it is a 16.4" Vaio laptop. All the F Series Vaios share the same chassis.

Can you please try to find the correct model - it will be something like VPC F13M1E.

You will find it on the screen surround or in Vaio Control Centre or in the BIOS.

:thinking:

dwcowan75
New

Sorry about that I have the following VPCF13M8E

hope that helps

dave

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Your Vaio has an i7 Quad Core processor - Intel® Core™ i7-740QM so it should be fairly quick already.

The only worthwhile Socket G1 upgrade would be to a Intel® Core™ i7-940XM.

This would give a substantial increase in power BUT it consumes an extra 10W (55W instead of 45W) and I am not sure the F-Series Vaio could handle the increased heat. I seem to remember the VPCF13 models were prone to overheating, so the upgrade would not be without risk. It is also an expensive upgrade.

:wink:

dwcowan75
New

thanks for the reply, I had a look at the prices - you are right quick an expensive upgrade. Might just soldier on for a while then look at replacing the laptop