Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Pcg F400

mick094m
Visitor

Vaio Pcg F400

Hi new to all this.never had a notebook before so thought I would have a go,before I splatter the cash I bought a second hand one off ebay a PCG-F400 to practice on ( know its and old one but gotta learn somewhere).problem is trying to find infoormation on where the hard drive is to remove and upgrade it but cannot find out where it is anyone got any ideas,also may need to get hold of some recovery discs,as it is saying missing operating system,but I still have my original copy of win 98 second edition from my old days pre XP. I wonder if it because there is no hard drive fitted? any help would be much appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mick049m and welcome.

Have a look at this: -

Technical Specifications PCG-F400

Upgrading Memory and Hard Drive of a Vaio PCG-F280

Upgrading the Hard Drive of a Vaio PCG-F630

Not the exact model but similar!!

Recovery Discs may still be available from Sony Vaio-Link Support.

:wink:

mick094m
Visitor

Hi
I have managed to find out where the hard drive was under the keyboard have also fitted the hard drive and got it going ,only problem is I cannot change the display settings to a higher setting other than 16, need it to be at least 256 and it is supposed to be svga but won't go any further than vga,any suggestiond, bit rusty on this win 98,but will getthere eventually,must be short of some drivers .
Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mick,

do you have the Neomagic MagicMedia 256AV graphic drivers installed.?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

NeoMagic MagicMedia 256AV Video Chip Drivers 4.11.01.5209 

:wink:

Ooops forgot the link, thanks Blencogo.. :smileyblush: