Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio PCG FX501 Keyboard

bryanboyd
Visitor

Vaio PCG FX501 Keyboard

The keyboard on my Laptop is misbehaving The shift key is not producing capital letters just a blanc space. It went wrong after trying a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse After loading the software the Logitech keyboard worked fine but the Vaio developed a fault. I have now uninstalled the Logitech software but the fault remains on my Laptop. I have tried deleting the keyboard drivers completely from my system and letting windows XP find the new harware and reinstall windows Drivers but to no avail. Do I have a hardware problem or what? Hepl!!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Try using Windows system restore program to go back to a point before you installed the Logitech software.

Start - All programs - Accessories - System Tools - System restore

bryanboyd
Visitor

Try using Windows system restore program to go back to a point before you installed the Logitech software.

Start - All programs - Accessories - System Tools - System restore

Thanks Rob,
I thought of that but I have been using the Logitech Keyboard for some months now and there are no restore points going back far enough. I just wondered if I should re-install Windows from the Sony Installation Discs Would I lose all the updates and end up back at square one? Also, would this work? or would I end up with the same problem and a load of updating to do?