Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO POCKET BATTERY REPLACEMENT

JacquesMaillot
Visitor

VAIO POCKET BATTERY REPLACEMENT

Hello to everybody!

I bought my vaio pocket (40gb) last week and I have a question to whoever can help! For the time being everything is ok (with the good and bad aspects of a vaio) but I wonder: if someone like me living in Greece, wishes to change the battery, how much will it cost and how hard it is to change it?
The vaio support stated in its email replies that they will have to collect it from Greece, change the battery themselves and send it back. So, imagine: fast courrier costs, replacement costs, bla bla bla.... How much in the end?
Does anybody know how much it is for the UK or Germany or any other country to replace the battery (whether IN OR OUT of the guaranty)?

Thanx!!

Thanx!:smileyhappy:

4 REPLIES 4
HeartOfDarkness
Visitor

Hi Jacques (a Frenchman in Greece ? 🙂 ).

Last time I checked in France, I was said it would amount to 100 ¿... It will therefore be much more convenient, imho, to simply change the player when that happens.

FYI, the battery is weirdly soldered to the casing of the Vaio, making its extraction a tad bit more difficult than with other mp3 players even with soldered batteries.

JacquesMaillot
Visitor

No frenchman just a "Grand Bleu" fun!
I asked the Vaio helpdesk and told me that currently, for envoying to Greece and if out of guaranty, it costs 156 ¿ for the replacement, service hours spent and the courrier transportation from/to your home. Nevertheless I still hope to get the battery from somewhere else (other companies making such or similar batteries in the near future?). I also hope that it the present battery will last for at least 3 years to make it worth the 400 euros I spent!!! LOL

Jacques Maillot form a cloudy Athens..... OUT!

HeartOfDarkness
Visitor

Ahhh, ok, lol @ Grand Bleu ! Although it's "Jacques Maillol" in the movie (and reality, since that character actually existed in real life).

The battery should last that long, even if it does discharge itself on its own. 🙂

400 ¿ ?! Not too lucky in Greece, the VGF-AP1L can be found at 280 ¿ in France right now.... :-S

JacquesMaillot
Visitor

You are right I rewrote the word to a "swimsuit' (Maillot) lol!

The apparatus (Vaio pocket) was bought through pixmania.com and the transportation costs plus some arrangement costs raised the price to 400 ¿. i think it worth it if you consider that I could have bought it from Greece for a 15-20% higher.

:slight_smile: