Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO POCKET STOPPED PLAYING SONGS....HELP !!!

kodeone
Visitor

VAIO POCKET STOPPED PLAYING SONGS....HELP !!!

i have the 40 gb version.
its updated with the firmware and was working fine last time i used it.
its been in the cradle since then.
but now when i try to play songs it wont work.
everything else is functional.
when i try playing a song thos 4 little sqaures in the corner just keep going round and round.

ive reset it 3 or 4 times now and still the exact same thing.

i dont want to open it up but if i have to i will.
what shall i do.
please help.

thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
hldomster
Visitor

Reset it, then go into the options and initialise it. Then transfer all the songs back from Sonicstage to the VP. This may work, if not, I think you'll have to send it away for repair, if it's under guarantee.

HTH

Lizzie
Visitor

what do you think in opening it will accomplish? not unless you are an engineer or know exactly what you are doing, the moment you open it you invalidate your warranty and may as well throw your vaio pocket in the bin.

kodeone
Visitor

what do you think in opening it will accomplish? not unless you are an engineer or know exactly what you are doing, the moment you open it you invalidate your warranty and may as well throw your vaio pocket in the bin.

ok no need to get moody.
i read somewhere on this here forum about people opening them and disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

kodeone
Visitor

Reset it, then go into the options and initialise it. Then transfer all the songs back from Sonicstage to the VP. This may work, if not, I think you'll have to send it away for repair, if it's under guarantee.

HTH

ok ill give this a whirl.
thanks for replying.

any more suggestions anyone ???

kodeone
Visitor

hld,

cheers dood, i ending up formatting the hard drive and starting again.
plays again now.lost all my stuff though ima have to learn how to back everything up this time round.

thanks again.
:cool:

Martingill
Visitor

This happened to me, but slightly different circumstance. I transfered all my music files to my computer as I had to initialize the VAIO. I then transfered the files back and it wouldn't play, just had those four little squares and then u couldn't do anything else and had to press restart. Try copying a new CD and transfering that music to your player, and see if that works on that music. You may well have to re-put on all your music files. Thats what I had to do. One of the delights of this flawed piece of technology im afraid.

Lizzie
Visitor

ok no need to get moody.
i read somewhere on this here forum about people opening them and disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

:smileysad:. i made a valid point.

hey go here, you're a loser before you even start the game.
http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=26136
:laughing: :tongue: