Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Power Management issue in S2XP

mig_vaio
Visitor

VAIO Power Management issue in S2XP

I hope somebody will be able to help me on this, as e-support is not working at all.

I bought a couple of weeks ago a S2XP, and overall I am very happy with it.

In the last week, my "VAIO Power Management" tab placed in the "Power Option Properties" dissapeared. "VAIO Power Management Viewer" refuse to work because "VAIO Power Management" is not activated. It looks like this feature have been uninstalled in any way from the PC.

It's weird as I did not perform any uninstallation of any software. Do you know any way of fixing/reinstalling it? I didn't try with the "VAIO Recovery Tool" as I do not want to loose my data in C:

Many thanks for your help.

27 REPLIES 27
mig_vaio
Visitor

It's confirmed. I have several missed files regarding the Sony Power Management (althought the windows registry still points to them). The only power management files that I currently have installed are for the Power Management viewer.

Missed files (at least this ones, maybe others):

C:\Program Files\sony\vaio power management\SPMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\sony\vaio power management\SPMPanel.dll
C:\Program Files\sony\vaio power management\SPMDAM.dll
C:\Program Files\sony\vaio power management\VSyncGUI.chm

As the e-support don't work, do you know any support email to ask which package/utility contain these files?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The best thing to do is call I'm afraid.
I would suspect they're in one of the PAC files, google is your friend, we're not allowed to give out the full info.

mig_vaio
Visitor

The best thing to do is call I'm afraid.
I would suspect they're in one of the PAC files, google is your friend, we're not allowed to give out the full info.

Thanks, I will call, as I think is the only solution :wink: BTW, I tried as well to search in the PAC files. Nothing.

kee-lo_

Strange

mig_vaio
Visitor

Yes, it's really strange.

I just called Vaio Support, and the only solution that they could offer me is to recover the whole C: partition. As this is not an option for me, could any of you with a S2XP (or S1XP/S2VP...) please zip your whole "vaio power management" folder and send it to me? Maybe replacing the missed files will do the job, as the registry settings are intact.

The folder should be located in:

C:\Program Files\sony\vaio power management\

The files that are missing are (at least):

C:\Program Files\sony\vaio power management\SPMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\sony\vaio power management\SPMPanel.dll
C:\Program Files\sony\vaio power management\SPMDAM.dll
C:\Program Files\sony\vaio power management\VSyncGUI.chm

(but I would prefer to have all the files as I am unsure if those are the only ones)

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

I am not sure if Sony would allow forum members to distribute their software, good intentions or not - I may be wrong but I think Sony would frown on this...

Would it not be better to backup your computer first, then do a full recovery?

kee-lo_

I don't know James..... that's up to the individual who does it. Really I can't see a problem as he owns the software anyway

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Aye, and I didnt see anything in the announcements area either so I guess its OK... The software is licenced and its not piracy after all...:smileywink: :smileygrin:

kee-lo_

Then again I bet Sony don't have this outlook, they probably see this as DLL piracy

mig_vaio
Visitor

I am not sure if Sony would allow forum members to distribute their software, good intentions or not - I may be wrong but I think Sony would frown on this...

Would it not be better to backup your computer first, then do a full recovery?

Well, I thought this can not be considered piracy as I own a license of the software :smileytongue:. Just in case, I will not ask for it in this forum again. As Kee-Lo said, google is my friend :wink:

Full recovery is not an option at the moment. I don't have free time at all for reinstalling & reconfiguring my PC, in my case it takes a long time.

If only the Vaio staff could send me the installation files for it... this is the problem with the automatisms like Vaio Recovery software: when a non-standard problem arise (and there are lots of these problems) it's a useless <profanity removed by moderator> xD I would prefer to have all the soft & drivers in the tradicional way. With no doubt.