Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Power Management issue in S2XP

mig_vaio
Visitor

VAIO Power Management issue in S2XP

I hope somebody will be able to help me on this, as e-support is not working at all.

I bought a couple of weeks ago a S2XP, and overall I am very happy with it.

In the last week, my "VAIO Power Management" tab placed in the "Power Option Properties" dissapeared. "VAIO Power Management Viewer" refuse to work because "VAIO Power Management" is not activated. It looks like this feature have been uninstalled in any way from the PC.

It's weird as I did not perform any uninstallation of any software. Do you know any way of fixing/reinstalling it? I didn't try with the "VAIO Recovery Tool" as I do not want to loose my data in C:

Many thanks for your help.

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

mig_vaio, Dont get me wrong I know this is frustrating for you - I am just being careful because I don't want to upset Sony and have my account terminated. I'm sure someone will post the required files to you via email, you could have mine but I have a feeling they are model-specific...

Full recovery is not an option at the moment. I don't have free time at all for reinstalling & reconfiguring my PC, in my case it takes a long time.

From DVD the entire process took about 1 hour to complete including reinstalling the VAIO software too.

If only the Vaio staff could send me the installation files for it... this is the problem with the automatisms like Vaio Recovery software: when a non-standard problem arise (and there are lots of these problems) it's a useless shit xD I would prefer to have all the soft & drivers in the tradicional way. With no doubt.

I see what you mean but I doubt Sony will give you the required files ring Sony if you haven't already, you could be pleasantly surprised.

mig_vaio
Visitor

mig_vaio, Dont get me wrong I know this is frustrating for you - I am just being careful because I don't want to upset Sony and have my account terminated. I'm sure someone will post the required files to you via email, you could have mine but I have a feeling they are model-specific...

Don't worry, I am very pleased with your help, you're really kind people :wink:

I'm not frustrated with anything/anybody in this forum. Maybe my crap english (I am a Spanish guy living in UK) was the reason of the misunderstanding, my apologies. I am just a little frustrated about not being able to have access to the installation files for the power management utility, i.e. I'm not happy at all with the automated Recovery thing xD

That was the reason because I blamed it: an automated recover must be the perfect way for novice people, you save lots of time and trouble with it. But Vaio would give a much better support if they provided both things, an automated recovery tool and the traditional CD/DVDs with drivers and soft. Think about the common case of changing OS - let's say w2k. It will be a pain in the ass to get it working properly in this way.

From DVD the entire process took about 1 hour to complete including reinstalling the VAIO software too.

I don't mind about reinstalling an OS. That's quick :smileywink:. I'm talking about reinstalling lots of apps (office apps, image finishing apps, borland c++ builder, visual studio .net, macromedia stuff, ... in my case is a neverending list), configuring them in the way that I like, giving a call to the customer services of some of them (e.g. after two registrations of Borland C++ Builder with the same account info, you are not allowed to a 3rd one unless you call them, and I already did it twice xD) etc.

I see what you mean but I doubt Sony will give you the required files ring Sony if you haven't already, you could be pleasantly surprised.

I already gave them a phone call. The only solution they could give me after half an hour of talk was a full recovery of the system. With the apps/drivers in a CD/DVD in the traditional way, this could be solved in 5 min :wink:

Anyway, many thanks for your help :slight_smile: and do not worry about Sony, as I said I will not ask for those files here. And overall, I am very happy with the S2XP, is a really powerful ultraportable (really useful to relieve my stress playing HL2 after 8 hrs programming :smileytongue:)

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Another happy customer! Thats great:smileygrin:

I'm not frustrated with anything/anybody in this forum. Maybe my crap english (I am a Spanish guy living in UK) was the reason of the misunderstanding, my apologies. I am just a little frustrated about not being able to have access to the installation files for the power management utility, i.e. I'm not happy at all with the automated Recovery thing xD

I knew thats what you meant sorry if I confused you:smileywink:

I don't mind about reinstalling an OS. :wink: That's quick . I'm talking about reinstalling lots of apps (office apps, image finishing apps, borland c++ builder, visual studio .net, macromedia stuff, ... in my case is a neverending list), configuring them in the way that I like, giving a call to the customer services of some of them (e.g. after two registrations of Borland C++ Builder with the same account info, you are not allowed to a 3rd one unless you call them, and I already did it twice xD) etc.

I understand the situation now, your right thats a real pain to have to go through that each time, especially after the fact that Borland will not allow more than 3 registrations of the software.:smileysad:

I already gave them a phone call. The only solution they could give me after half an hour of talk was a full recovery of the system. With the apps/drivers in a CD/DVD in the traditional way, this could be solved in 5 min

So did you not get a CD/DVD with your computer? If not then you must have the hidden partition installed as an alternative - I think this is bad practice by Sony as they think its saving the environment - its not. I prefer a CD/DVD to the recovery partition so if you have this back it up immediately - if a virus damages it it renders the recovery process useless...

And lastly welcome to ClubVAIO (I should have mentioned that before!), if you have any further problems do not hesitate to get back to us.:smileygrin: :cool:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sony should make it a bit easier for people then they wouldn't get mad

mcfa
Visitor

Ok give me an email and I send you the file you need, I have the same S2XP so it should be the same file.

mig_vaio
Visitor

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your post.

If possible, zip and email me the whole folder, just in case I have some other missed files. My email is: miguel@datadialogs.com

Many thanks for your help, I hope this will finally fix the problem :slight_smile: :wink: :slight_smile:

mig_vaio
Visitor

Is there any way to send a priv msg in this forum? I think mcfa didn't see my reply :slight_smile:

Thanks

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Nope, we've been asking for this ourselves, they are still working on search :cry: