Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO register pop up

profile.country.en_GB.title
iremacas
Visitor

VAIO register pop up

Hi I'm new and not sure if I'm posting this in correct place but can anyone help me to get rid of the Vaio register pop up that keeps appearing and says not connected to internet when I am conected, I did register in May 2007 and don't know why this has started to happen. My VAIO model is VGC-LA2. Been all thru the self service support and e-support but got nowhere. How do I request a PM, PLEASE HELP ME.
Thanks Weeyin

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi weeyin,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

You should be able to stop the registration pop-up from starting by going to start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks..

In task scheduler you should have three windows, Overview of Task Scheduler, then below this Task Status and finally at the bottom Active tasks..

In task scheduler go to the bottom section of the centre column (called active tasks)

Double click the task you wish to stop (possibly VOR.exe) and in the new window select delete...

iremacas
Visitor

Hi Thalamus, thanks for the help got as far as active tasks but dont see VOR.exe but wondered if the MCVRegistrationReminder1 would be the one to delete.
Thanks Weeyin

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Weeyin,

Yes MCVRegistrationReminder1 sounds like it would be the cause of the registration pop-up..

iremacas
Visitor

Cheers I will try that and let you know if it worked.
Weeyin

iremacas
Visitor

I deleted that then done a restart but pop up still coming up anymore help please.
Weeyin

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi weeyin,

Do you have anything else listed in Active tasks?

If you look on the left hand side of the Task Scheduler window, you should see Task Scheduler(local) below that Task Scheduler Library.

Double click on Task Scheduler Library to expand, you should then have to folders, Microsoft & Sony, click on the Sony file. This will help identify the Sony tasks that are scheduled to run.. :wink:

iremacas
Visitor

Hi Thalamus, Yes VAIO Update is the only task in there and the status is Running should I try and delete this?
I also found there were 4 reminders in active tasks and have deleted them too.
I could only get back into MCV via an email reply. When I clicked on the Club Logo it seemed to be stuck at 67% on download of latest version.
So far the pop up has stopped but don't want to count my chickens to soon.
Cheers Weeyin

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi weeyin,

No there is no need to delete VAIO Update..

Did you have problems with My Club Vaio before you removed the registration tasks.?

iremacas
Visitor

Hi, OK I wont delete Vaio update, still no pop up so far looks like that bit is fixed now thanks.
Yes club vaio has been sticking at 67% at each opening.
Cheers Weeyin