Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio screen jumping abouy

profile.country.GB.title
PrincessMoana
New

Vaio screen jumping abouy

Hello.  Please help.  My laptop screen image started jumping about for no reason and I now can't access the homeacreen yet.  Aaarrgghhh!!!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Bruce.Wayne
Contributor

Have you try with an external screen?

profile.country.GB.title
PrincessMoana
New

Hey Bruce.  Thanks for your reply.  Here's what happened next.  After not being able to do anything after switching it off and restarting it again, I looked up on my phone about a jumpy screen with limited or zero capabilities.  Seems it's a bit common and the consensus was either damage to the screen or simply a bit of a touchy screen caused by slight displacement with the screen when closing the laptop.  I closed the laptop, gently tapped each side a few times then restarted it holding the power button down for 20 seconds.   Opened it and she started like normal and has been operational ever since.  Wee bit of a coincidence looking back, just before the screen started moving about my McAfee started offering me upgrades on my anti virus, coupled with that annoying Google agree to these terms crap so when I restarted i immediately turned those updates off and downloaded a malware bytes programme for good measure and Bobs My Uncle . .. so far.  Will be doing a complete back up and then I'm ready if this happens again.  Thanks again Bruce, keep fighting the good fight! 🌞