Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Tutorial

Starzbhoy
Visitor

Vaio Tutorial

Hello All,

I have just bought a vaio RC 102 desktop and I am looking for the tutorials without much luck, can anyone please help ??
I want to know just what the machine can do and how to do it.

Many Thanks

:smileygrin:

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Starzbhoy,

Welcome to the Forum.

You have bought a great Vaio - hope you get lots of enjoyment from it.

You can download the full manual from

HERE

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

What are you trying to do with the RC101 maybe we can help?

Starzbhoy
Visitor

Hi Blencogo and Kee-lo,

Thanks you for the welcome and the links. Prior to this computer I was using a 6 year old steam powered laptop.
I am in the discovery stage and want to get the most from the computer.
Learning what it can do will be a start. Want to know what I can do with photo's, and anything else.
I have a lot to learn and prompts and help will be most welcome.
Thank you for your initial help.

SB :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi again,

You are asking a very wide question that would be difficult to answer here in any detail!!! It would be quicker to answer what can't it do?

If you have the Media Receiver included in the package, you will be amazed with what's possible. Don't spend too much time looking for a wireless connection though - the only thing really missing from the RC102 is "Wireless Ready". A bit silly really as they usually include a wireless media receiver in the box and you can only use it with a long cable! I suppose they assume that most users of a machine of this specification will use a wireless modem router.

The best thing to do is to click on "Learn" at the top of this page and you will see help and tutorials on most of the Vaio's features and programs.

If you get stuck don't hesitate to post here - there are plenty of people willing to help and some real experts like Kee-Lo, Rich, Thalamus and William always generously willing to give their time and knowledge.

:thinking:

Starzbhoy
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo,

Your posts are welcome and appreciated. I know what I am asking is varied and wide ranging, the learn button is the place to start.

Thanks again for your posts

SB :clap: :hugging:

kee-lo_

You might be well advised to read magazines like Windows XP Magazine or PC Plus

Starzbhoy
Visitor

Thanks Kee-lo, I will check these magazines out. Thanks for the suggestion.

robpaxton
Explorer

There are also some web tutorials at this link

Starzbhoy
Visitor

Thanks Rob, appreciate your help. Never knew this machine could do this much and as it is my first real all singing all dancing computer, want to get the best out of it.

:handshake: