Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update software doesn't work

Moak
Visitor

Vaio Update software doesn't work

My "VAIO Update 2" software doesn't work, never did, it keeps saying "The server could not be accessed. Please try again".

Right now I have it disabled and I downloaded latest drivers manually. I would welcome any hint how to make it work, thanks!

/M

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Moak,

Try temporarily disabling your firewall and try clicking Vaio Update again :thinking:

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

It's not your firewall...next time search for the solution in club vaio and you'll find the solution since a lot of people already had this problem saves you time writing a thread about it. I had it to and this was my solution:

1. Go to help and support center
2. Click on support button
3. Click on the Supput option: "VAIO link"
4. Right here you should get the message that you are currently not connected to the internet. And that you should click HERE to set up one....Click on the HERE
Network wizard starts up....NOW if you have a WIRELESS connection DO NOT pick "view wireless networks in range". Just click on next and setup your network connection depending on your connnection.
When you are finshed VAIO UPDATE WILL WORK AGAIN, also VAIO LINK option in help and support.

GOOD LUCK

Moak
Visitor

Thanks for the tip. I couldn't find a "VAIO link"... let me see if I find more information in an old post. Nope, doesn't work for me. Clicking on the support button I get a text "Welcome to Support. If you are connected to the Internet, there are a variety of ways to help....etc".

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Moak,

Does this link to Vaio-Update work?

Carelino
Visitor

Thanks for the tip. I couldn't find a "VAIO link"... let me see if I find more information in an old <a href="http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=32829&pager.offset=15" target="_blank">post</a>. Nope, doesn't work for me. Clicking on the support button I get a text "Welcome to Support. If you are connected to the Internet, there are a variety of ways to help....etc".

If you look at the left side of your screen (The support tab) after you pressed the support button there is an option called Vaio-Link. It's the 6th option:
-Ask a friend to help
-Go to a Windows Web site forum
-VAIO After Sales Service
-VAIO How To
-VAIO Troubleshooting
[b-]VAIO-Link
and follow the rest of the procedures written in my previous post.....!grin.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=grin|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=grin.gif!

Hope this resolves your problem.

Moak
Visitor

Hi Moak,

Does this link to Vaio-Update work?

Hi Thalamus, it gives me in Firefox:

msxml3.dll error '80020005'
Type mismatch.
/vu/index.asp, line 91

and in Internet Explorer:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Moak
Visitor

Carelino, I see only the first two options on the left side.

Carelino
Visitor

Did you install your own version of windows or something like that.....

Moak
Visitor

Yes, I installed Windows XP professional (English) from scratch and then added latest VAIO drivers, etc. from the download page.