Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Updates

apierc1
Visitor

Vaio Updates

Hello guyys, my laptop keeps telling me about the updates avaliable for my machine on Vaio update, but after some troubles with installing some updates with previous machine, and people often posting in here about probs with them I am very afraid of downloading them. As it is withought the updates I have no problems I can see, any advice :anguished:

Cheers,

Andy

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Andy,

If it ain't broke, don't fix it... :wink:

If you do not need the updates and your system is working fine, then it's down to personal preference if you install the updates.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I usually leave well alone too

VaioWoman1
Visitor

Yes! :rose: :rose: Ye Gods! I am learning very fast tooooooo!!
:slight_smile: It certainly teaches you a lot when you have "L" plates lika me! :dizzy: :party: :laughing:

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!
ALL!

No more I Wait, No need I Hope! :rose:

koymik
New

Well fair enough, but sometimes though it is always better to have an up to date machine, that s the reason why they give updates to make your machine much more stable. if your afraid that it might go wrong,, make a back up first before you do the updates, atleast you can revert it in case there is something wrong about the updates that you installed. :slight_smile:

apierc1
Visitor

The problem is that it seems almost certain something will go wrong with a t least one of the updates from my experiance. I know they have a disclaimer, but you would an update to improve something not to casue problems on your computer or cause an application not to work, I can't be bothered having to make back ups all the time for when something goes wrong, I shouldn't need to.

kee-lo_

I agree that we need updates, but things like the BIOS which are working perfectly fine don't need an update, unless you need the new features.

jenna
Visitor

:smileygrin: I have the problem that although vaio send the updates they will not let me download them frustrating
jenna