Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-FS315H e Vista when shutting the lid and open it again the screen remain black

matrixfede
Visitor

Vaio VGN-FS315H e Vista when shutting the lid and open it again the screen remain black

Hi Guys,
sorry for my english but I'm italian.

I've Sony vaio VGN-FS315H and i've installed windows vista and I have only one problem.
When I close the lid of notebook and then open it again the screen remain black. I can only restart pressing the botton. This happened only if in the control pannel in the energy option there is the option on do not anything, if there is hibernate or standby there aren't this problem.
How i can solve this problem?
I've already read the post about vaio with the same problem but i don't know where i can find new bios because in the vista upgrade session there isn't my model of vaio.Can I use the bios of other vaio like FS4?

Sorry again for my english.
Bye

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi matrixfede,

Welcome to Club vaio. :slight_smile:

I wouldn't recommend that you use the BIOS designed for the FE4 series.. :slight_frown:

Windows Vista drivers and utilities are in development and should be released by the end of March 2007. Whether your Vaio FS315 will have Vista drivers, I guess we will have to wait and see.. :slight_frown:

matrixfede
Visitor

Thankyou..
So you think that is a videocard problem or BIOS problem?
This problem what kind of problem is?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think it is a BIOS problem.

You will need to wait for a new Vista BIOS to be released for the FS3 Series.

:slight_frown:

matrixfede
Visitor

Ok and... I haven't intalled vista on xp,I'haven't done an upgrade but i've istalled in a clean system so if I want put information on Vista about my PC what I have to do? Explain better, for Vaio update I need to put infromation about my pc otherwise Vaio update dosen't work... Have you understand what I mean?

I have message 008 you model info could not be found on the server

matrixfede
Visitor

Have somebody some idea??

mvveelen
Visitor

from : http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1175893&SiteID=1&PageID=1

I have managed to get my laptop working as it should, however this method should probably not be recommended. The driver which caused the problem is within the system category in the device manager and is called "ACPI Lid". It is necessary to disable this driver as it does not function correctly, however due to the drivers nature, this option is unavailable. Therefore I clicked "update driver software" , "browse my computer for driver software", "let me pick from a list...", unticked the box "show compatible hardware" and replaced the driver with a driver which is not likely to have any effect on the system. "Volume manager" in standard devices seemed to work fine without causing any issues. Then after a restart I could close the lid without the screen failing to turn back on when i reopened the lid. In fact the screen even powers off when the lid is closed! If you want you can even disable the new driver, although I haven't at this stage.

This worked for me (FE11M) !!

matrixfede
Visitor

That's great!!!! Worked for me too!!!!! Thanks!!!

ANd for the others problem with vaio update?

bedrock
Visitor

I also had this problem on my FE21S, even after upgrading the BIOS, there is a long thread on MSDN forums about this, and it looks like a problem with the Vista 'ACPI Lid' driver.

There is a workaround given, see here

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1175893&SiteID=1

--
bedrock

matrixfede
Visitor

Yap, is the same solution that mvveelen has said.

If the ACPI Lid driver is changed with another driver all work well.
I've read that people have problem with control volume or with Fn keys after have changed the driver, for me is the same but i've put again Vaio event service and then Fn keys worked again.

One strange things that happened to me today is that vaio update is being to works and said me that there are some update for my pc!!! SO i went on site but the update wasn't a real update because one of this was an update for my vaio update (help and support) 3.0!!! In the site there was 2.x...