Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN-S5 Keyboard/Motherboard Clip

profile.country.en_GB.title
captaintact
Visitor

VAIO VGN-S5 Keyboard/Motherboard Clip

Hi

I was a bit hasty removing the keyboard from my SONY VAIO VGN-S5XP/B and managed to break the little clip that holds the Keyboard ribbon cable into the motherboard socket. DOH!

Would any kind soul happen to have a replacement from an old board or can sell me a broken similar board with the part intact?

Cheers

G

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi captaintact,

It maybe worth contacting one of Sony's authorised repairers as they might be able to sell you the part..:smileyconfused:

To find contact details for your nearest location..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab.

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

captaintact
Visitor

Thank you for your help. I have emailed a few service centres and await their replies. Although the SONY site does say that they will NOT sell parts!

Kind regards

Graeme

roumple58
Visitor

Hi THere,

It must be catching. I did the same thing last night. So that's at least two of us looking for the same solution.

Keyboard not working. at all . my workaround at the moment is a usb wireless keyboard ( not very portable but at least it means I can still use the laptop)

Will keep you posted as to any solution I find.

roumple58
Visitor

HI Captaintact,

Just came across this which I am going to try.

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2009/11/17/fix-broken-keyboard-connector-on-laptop-motherboard...

Hopefully you havn't discarded the broaken part as it looks like even broken it might come in handy.

It's a pity the guys at sony don't make spares more easily available.(Been with Sony a long time my last 3 laptops have been sony but they are not easy to get spares for and they are expensive 🙂

If your laptop clip is like mine then sroll down the page its the last version of connector.

Good Luck
R

Message was edited by: roumple58