Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGNFS415E RUNNING SLOWLY ON SOME APPLICATIONS

aviduser
Visitor

VAIO VGNFS415E RUNNING SLOWLY ON SOME APPLICATIONS

HI
NEW LAPTOP ONLY 1 MONTH OLD. IT STUGGLES TO RUN MICROSOFT OFFICE? IS THIS NORMAL FOR A NEW LAPTOP? WOULD IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE INCRESING THE RAM FROM 512MB TO DOUBLE?
IF SO DOES IT HAVE TO BE SONY RAM FOR THE LAPTOP?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Try this program called Tune Up Utilities 2006 and defragment over and over till your lappie defrags in 40 seconds. Should you need more ram go to crucial here. Also check your power management is set to adaptive by right clicking your power icon in the bottom right hand corner of the task bar. Finally grab the Microsoft beta tester of Office 12 it is way quicker and works great.

aviduser
Visitor

thanks for all your help. all working better now.
how do i get a copy of the beta office 12? I have signed up to microsoft beta.

quote]Try <a href="http://www.tune-up.com" target="_blank">this</a> program called Tune Up Utilities 2006 and defragment over and over till your lappie defrags in 40 seconds. Should you need more ram go to crucial here . Also check your power management is set to adaptive by right clicking your power icon in the bottom right hand corner of the task bar. Finally grab the Microsoft beta tester of Office 12 it is way quicker and works great.

Josh-2552
Visitor

tony, take note as well, www.offtek.co.uk is, in my view, better than crucial- its cheaper and just as pro. the RAM for the fs415e (also my model) is here, as it is not under "fs415e". you'll have to trust me, but it does work.

http://www.offtek.co.uk/product.php?manuname=Sony&maincat=1&subcat=1&model=Vaio%20VGN-S38TP

i down know how to make a link simply "here" but you can tell me if you like :tongue:

aviduser
Visitor

yeh i used Oftek and memory works and is soooo much cheaper than anywhere else!
Any idea where I can get copy of Microsoft Office 12 beta?

Josh-2552
Visitor

i dont, sorry. how did you find your ram? did you have to contact them? i did.

have you searched the obvious? the downloads center on microsoft.co.uk or com, i dont know where you are :tongue: