Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Z600 Product Recovery failure

pangolin
Visitor

VAIO Z600 Product Recovery failure

Can anyone help please - I have been trying to restore my Vaio Z600-LEK (running W2K) to original settings using the Product Recovery disks. However Windows crashes on starting with STOP 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xFE15D65C, 0x0000000,0x00008534) MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.
I can get into safe mode, but have had no success in tracking the problem and can find no documented help info.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

If anyone at Sony reading this - please note that I have been unable to get into the e-Support area as user not recognised, but there seems to be no way of contacting anyone to get access without being accepted as a user. Catch 22!

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

pangolin
Visitor

Thanks for trying but not quite the same. It could certainly be a driver problem, but no idea how to find which!

There's a "K" dropped off the quoted error code by the way (KMODE etc).

kee-lo_

Any items with exclaimations next to them in device manager?

pangolin
Visitor

Hi Kee-Lo

No, no exclamation marks. Strangely, when I just booted back into safe mode, it the W2K setup relaunched for no obvious reason. Still same error code on normal however.

Have just been into event viewer, which has a Service Control Manager error stating that MRxSmB, NetBIOS, NetBT, RasAcd, Rdbss, and Tcpip failed to load.

kee-lo_

Sounds like there's a problem with your network card.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

If Tcpip, NetBIOS etc are failing to start then it seems likely that the hardware could be at fault, to confirm this remove the network card then see if these services start - if they do then the hardware is faulty...:smileysad:

pangolin
Visitor

That's easy for you to say! Do you mean physically open up and remove, or disable in some way?

kee-lo_

Disable it by right clicking the device and clicking disable.

pangolin
Visitor

No good I'm afraid - same error. Any other thoughts?