Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO ZIRMP power proerties problesm

vineetmalu
Visitor

VAIO ZIRMP power proerties problesm

Power properties problems.As sony have POWER PANEL in all its laptops.Mine have problems in switching profiels.it doesnt switch profile from Adaptive to running on batteris if the power adapter is removed.It also shoul reduce the brightness of the lcd when on battery.but it doesnt do it automatically.NOW this problem is only when am logged in the administrator log in.if its in guest it does switch the profile and the lcd brightness decreses automaticaly if the power source is on battery.can anyone advise,why this problem is with the administrator log in only ?
Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Welcome to Club Vaio vineetmalu.

Are you setting the profile in Control Panel (Power Management) or via the Power Panel icon in the System Tray? You must use Power Panel. I suggest that you view the profile (in Power Panel) while logged in as guest (as this appears to be working) and then adjust the Power Panel settings accordingly when logged in as Administrator.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
vineetmalu
Visitor

thanks rich for your reply.but i have done that before.the power proeprties are exactly the same in the power panel.it also does switch profile from adaptive to running on batteries,but then it doesnt decrease the lcd.and when i go to guest id,it immediately reduces the brightness.can u help further.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

After editing or creating a profile in Power panel have you clicked on File > Save?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stevep-4
Visitor

It is most likely that your AC Power and Battery power profiles are almost Identical, therefore you are not noticing the difference.

WHen you double click on the power profile icon (in the systray),
you should see the power profile panel (this will have 3 tabs - power profile, Battery and Alarms).

On the power profile tab there should show the settings for

"Plugged In" and "Running on Batteries".

Below these titles are two boxes which tell you which of the many profiles available will be running whenyouar plugged inor not.

Below this there are the lists of the Items (such as screen brightness, hibernate time etc.) which are changed.

I suggest that you change the "Running on Batteries" profile to "Maximum Battery Life".

Then go to EDIT/CREATE Profiles and look at teh set up of the "MAXIMUM Battery life" profile. Change the LCD/VIDEO setting - LCD brightness to level 5.

Now SAVE the setting

Check the settings of your AC POWER profile and check that the LCD brightness there is 9 or 10.

SAVE the settings and exit power profile.

Now try plugging in the AC power and unplugging. You should see an immediate change in the screen brightness.

If you see a change, then you can be sure that Power Panel is working and you can go ahead and personalise the profiles. to suit yourself.

If nothing changes, then it is likley that Power panel is not actually running and may need to be re-installed or turned on.

vineetmalu
Visitor

hii thanks for your detailed reply again.as i said earlier this problem is with the ADMINISTRATOR LOG IN and not with GUEST LOG IN.the power proerties for ac plugged in have brightness of level and the maximum battery life have a lcd brightness of level 1 and it is saved.also the power property is selected as the maximum battery life when running on batteries.Now when i switch to guest log in the windows it automatically and if the system is running on battery (when i remove the ac plug) the brightness reduces to level 1.and when i do the same thing when i am logged in administrateor log in in wondows and unplug the ac adapter it doesnt decreases the lcd brightness though a message pops up saying the power profile changed to maximum battery,but the lcd brightness doesnt change.this is strange and m nuts over it now.can u help pls.sony its self could help me.
thanks.