Join now - be part of our community!

Vario TP1E

ekimeus
Visitor

Vario TP1E

Just bought one of these units and am perplexed with the remote, it does not seem to work as it should, sometimes nothing at all and other times some functions.
Does anyone have one of these units, I should be very glad to hear from you as I am at a lost and feel like returning it.
Thanks Mike :devil:

5 REPLIES 5
ekimeus
Visitor

Ah, now I have delved into it I seem to have bought a PUP and this is an on going problem that no one seems to have the answer to. Now I see that the previous unit used the same remote control and had the same problem, all Sony did was to bring out this new unit with the same remote and concequently the same fault. I wonder if their newest offering will be using this remote with still the same problem?? Well I know someone who works for Sony and shall see if they can fix the problem? Otherwise the unit will be packed up and returned to the Retailer as unfit for the purpose it was designed for. I am digusted with Sony.

ekimeus
Visitor

Sorry about my Rant in the last post, Happy new year to you all. The reason I was so upset is that I bought the unit as a present for the wife and we wanted to use it on New years eve.
Anyway is there any answers? as I said in the last post I will try to contact my friend in Sony and if I get get an answer I will post it here to try to help others. I dont want tp reinstal Vista as this is brand new and I will get PC World to do it if required.
Once again sorry. [:">]

jbullen
Visitor

I am having exactly the same problem. I have emailed Sony this morning and hope to get a reply. I have tried all sorts to get it working including formatting the sysytem. I have only had mine since Sunday. grrrrr

J

MaTiCuSPaTiCuS
Visitor

Hi all,
I have the same machine, bought over christmas and I suffer the same problem...

I searched the news groups, and some good advice was to switch off your Vaio when the remote starts playing up, physically remove the power cable then put it back in.

This worked for about a month, now the remote doesn't work even after a restart. I will be phoning Sony tommorow for an explaination. I will keep you posted.

ekimeus
Visitor

Hi folks, here is my update, I sent the unit back and exchanged it.

The new unit seems ok but I make sure that it is unplugged from the mains when not in use.

I have also found that the inital pages take a time to come up, and if you press the buttons on the remote whilst they are loading the machine gets confused and locks up. I use mine in the living room and I have one of those mains remote switching units that shut down the whole system at the end of the session.

I looked around at other units for the same price and there was nothing that would compare with the spec and price. My Sony friend got intouch and said that "my original unit had a hardware fault" and that I should exchange it.

So my advice is to remove the mains power when not in use. The machine was purchased from PC World who I found most helpful and allowed me to set up and "play" with the second machine for 2 hours in the store before I accepted it. :slight_smile: