Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-LA1 sound problem

TheGurj
Visitor

VGC-LA1 sound problem

My VGC LA1 sound mixer keeps disappearing. I get some system sounds, but when i try to use the DVD player or any program that uses sound, I get nothing. I've opened the volume control, but it says that there is no sound mixer installed. The sound and video controllers are all listed in control panel/system and state they are installed. I restored the system using the backup partition and everything was working, then the mixer dropped out again a couple of weeks later. I had installed iTunes, I though that might be the problem. But on uninstalling nothing has changed. Windows update doesn't seem to work, either. Can anyone help? I've had the machine for a couple of months and Sony don't seem to be much help when I call them, they just tell me to use the restore facility. I don't want to have to completely reinstall my system every three weeks!

1 REPLY 1
andyse8
Visitor

Exactly the same thing happened to me in the week. I had to reboot several times and then I opened Media centre and played some music and it seemed to correct it, I had to go into sounds and audio and select show volume icon in taskbar again and so far it's been OK