Join now - be part of our community!

vgc-lv1s windows 7 install

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
vgc-lv1s
Visitor

vgc-lv1s windows 7 install

Hi people, i hope somebody can help i have recently purchased a sony vgc-lv1s used.

The operating system is windows 7 but it looks like the previuos owner did a fresh install rather than an upgrade from vista as a result most of the vaio functons are missing any ideas how i can get all the vaio functions back?

I have the windows 7 install disc but nothing else, their are not restore points from before the install and it looks like the original vista recovery section is missing.

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will need to update the system with all Windows and Vaio software updates before using an "Upgrade" version installation disc of Windows 7 - It will have to be a 32-bit version.

Once installed, you can update to the Windows 7 driver updates in the link above.

:wink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi there.

If the original Recovery Partition is erased there will be some software that cannot be recovered or downloaded.  Programs like WinDVD BD can only be installed as part of a full reinstallation of the Sony preinstalled operating system.

First check that the original Vista Recovery Partition has been destroyed - try tapping F10 before the Vaio Logo disappears during startup.  If the Recovery Partition is still available the Recovery Wizard should open.  Also check in Start -> Right-click My Computer -> Manage -> Disc Management to see if the hidden EISA Recovery partition exists. 

If it does not exist, you will find all the available downloads on the Support page for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGC-LV1S

Most of the drivers and utilities you require are under the 'Downloads' Tab in the Windows 7 section.  If you cannot find what you want in that section, look in the Vista section and the Preinstalled section.  If you let us know what you are looking for in particular, someone here may be able to help.

In the end, the only way to reinstall ALL the software if you have no recovery software will be to buy a set of Vista Recovery discs from Vaio Support, recover the system to factory settings and then upgrade to Windows 7.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
vgc-lv1s
Visitor

YAY! my mistake the original sony recovery is still intact as a result i have ran the recovery and it is now as if the day it came out the factory.

Right then now that vista is back whats the best way to go about this upgrade to windows 7?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will need to update the system with all Windows and Vaio software updates before using an "Upgrade" version installation disc of Windows 7 - It will have to be a 32-bit version.

Once installed, you can update to the Windows 7 driver updates in the link above.

:wink: