Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-A197XP, DVD RW DW-U55A burn failure

letaylom
Visitor

VGN-A197XP, DVD RW DW-U55A burn failure

Hi,

I have the above box and drive. I cannot seem to get the drive to burn an audio CD! The drive reads cd's AND DVD'S ok.

But it is consistently failing to burn. It gets (using Nero and the iTunes burner) about half way through the burn process then bombs out.

I can even play the first half of the failed cd!

Any help pointers greatly appreciated.

Matt

5 REPLIES 5
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Might be down to the discs you are using. Some sony machines can get a bit funny with certain discs.

Might also be a conflict with Nero.

What happens if you use the click and drop backup feature which was included with your Vaio?

Andrewmc
Visitor

Did you try selecting a lower speed when burning - some disks cannot burn at 24x try burning at 4x first and then going up from there - I had the same problem myself with some cheap disks when i reduced the speed they worked fine

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Did you try selecting a lower speed when burning - some disks cannot burn at 24x try burning at 4x first and then going up from there - I had the same problem myself with some cheap disks when i reduced the speed they worked fine

Had a similar problem myself Andrew.

letaylom
Visitor

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies, and apologies for taking so long to re-post!

I kinda got things working......I say kinda. If I close down every other application (especially AV) then 6 times out of 10 my disc will burn; but there will still be the odd failure.

I am slowing the speed right down each time I burn, but sometimes that doesn't help.

Just seems damn inconsitent and, quite frankly, a little crap.

Oh well.

T

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

That sounds to me like you need more RAM.
If you can get 1GB you'll have less problems.