Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-A295HP Memory Upgrades

Thom.S
Visitor

VGN-A295HP Memory Upgrades

I was browsing through these forums and noticed something about memory upgrades.

I have the VAIO VGN-A295HP (GB) notebook, which comes with 512MB 333MHZ DDR 2700 Ram.

On the page on vaio link, it was telling me that i had a maximum capacity of 2GB, and it had installed 2 x 256 MB Ram chips, meaning that to upgrade, one 256 MB chip would need removing.

However, i noticed somewhere, (cant remember where), that this model comes with 1 x 512 MB Ram chip. which i have confirmed by removing the bottom panel, revealing an empty slot.

anyone else know where it says this?

also, im sure it is only upgradable to 1GB RAM.., can anyone confirm the maximum?

Cheers,

TRS

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

2GB is the maximum - checkout Crucial (you may have to telephone them as your model isn't listed) and the easiest/most reliable to way to check how many slots are populated is just to take a look.

drew0119
Visitor

It does have only one slot filled with 512mb. I just got my A295HP today as a replacement / upgrade on my A115z. Was told it has two slots each with 256mb but that was not the case. I had paid extra to have another 512mb installed and was told the 256mb that was taken out would also be sent to me with the machine, not that there was much I could have done with it. Imagine my surprise when I found out the machine now has 1GB of ram. Great! don't know why Sony did not do this with other models. But it still seams unclear as what the maximum ram can be, some reports say 2gb others only 1gb.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Don't at all take my word on this, but as far as I know there's no issue with just adding the 256 next to the 512. I think needing to have RAM in pairs went out a few years ago.