Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-AR11M and PLaystation 3

Quotidian
Visitor

VGN-AR11M and PLaystation 3

Hi to all those who read and answer and to those who just read,

I need to know how i can connect my playstation 3 to my Vaio Vgn-ar11m and get the full 1080p output on the laptops screen. I need help urgent, and i would appreciate if someone would tell me how to tune in to the full 1080p performance and accessorises that i would have to purchase. Thanks is advance.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Quotidian,

Sorry but what you want is not possible I'm afraid. Your AR11M is an excellent piece of kit - but it is not designed to be used as a display for external equipment.

Firstly the AR11M is incapable of displaying 1080i or 1080p on its own display as the maximum screen resolution of its display is 1440 X 900. The only way it can display 1080p is through the HDMI output on a 1080p capable external display.

The only Video inputs into the AR11M are analogue inputs through the TV Tuner and these are only capable of importing and displaying low resolution 620 X 480i images. (The HDMI connection is an output only). It is not possible to view this video in full screen with Media Centre. Worse still is the latency within the TV circuitry will make playing games impossible because there will be an unacceptable delay.

To use the full 1080p output from your PS3, you need a dedicated HDMI 1080p capable display.

:slight_frown:

Quotidian
Visitor

Thank you.

Quotidian
Visitor

Hey just for the heck of it whay has sony given the AV in is it of any use i mean mine just sits there idle catching dust......

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The AV and S-Video inputs are designed for you to capture analogue Audio and/or Video to hard disc from a Vinyl Record, a Tape Cassette, a VCR or a Video Camera.

You can edit this and then use Click2DVD to burn the digital video to a DVD that will play in any DVD Player.

Although you will see the video live in a small screen, it is not really designed for full screen viewing live. This is a problem some have when trying to connect a Sky Box by S-Video.

If you still want to connect your Playstation, you will get the best live display for your by selecting the Analogue Tuning for your AverMedia TV Card (not DVB) and using the S-Video input - but this will be in analogue quality.

:wink:

Quotidian
Visitor

Thanks man, the full hd 1080 sticker is very misleading

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It should really say 720p/i