Join now - be part of our community!

VGN AR31 - part number

tszpinda
Visitor

VGN AR31 - part number

Hi,

I'm looking for a hard drive bracket/caddy for my sony laptop.

As I bought laptop without the part, but to buy it need a part number. It would be great if anyone could help me with finding one.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

15 REPLIES 15
tszpinda
Visitor

Crap! they don't have those parts and have no idea when and if they have.

Please, let me know if there is any other shop with this kind of Sony parts.

Thanks,

Tom

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Sorry Tom I have no other contacts for these parts. Have you spoken to or emailed the question to Nexttronix?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tszpinda
Visitor

Hi again, finally I have some pictures.

I found other web page(www.sony.com/dapc) in US which got the hdd bracket in stock. Unfortunately they are unable to tell what parts are going with the hdd bracket, at least to me as my English is as u read :smileygrin:, and they do not ship to UK.

Anyway, could you have a look at attached pictures, and tell me if you can see if hdds are connect to the hard disc bracket? I reckon they are as far I can see on yours pictures.

Thanks for help :slight_smile:
Tom

Btw. I really glad that Ubuntu works from USB drive, so I can use my laptop.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tom,

I have just had another peek inside the HDD bay and can confirm that it does seem to incorporate the two connectors for the pair of drives. The cable shown in your pics (with a blue tab) connects to the bracket/caddy and the drives plug directly into connectors in the bracket/caddy.

Seems as though the part from Nexttronics will do the bizz!!

Best of luck and please do let us know how things progress.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tszpinda
Visitor

Finally I got it running, after spending 300£... but still in total I've paid (only?!) 1300£ for ar31 which is not too bad... I hope :wink:

Thanks for help and best regards
Tomek

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Anyway, could you have a look at attached pictures, and tell me if you can see if hdds are connect to the hard disc bracket? 

Hi Tom

As far as I'm aware the hard drives are attached to the bracket before placing into the AR's body..