Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-B1VP any bundled software?

alok
Visitor

VGN-B1VP any bundled software?

hi, when i received this notebook i was slightly amazed to find tht there were discs included, as i thought i would reeceive some contating software or a copy of XP, however there were no CDs with the notebook. Is this with all the notebooks, or just mine?
Secondly, to 'combine' the 2 hard drives, or to 'close' the partition, is there any other solution to do this instead of creating about 11 recovery discs.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Woody27
Visitor

Mangnumopus,

Good for you!

Glad you got the disks for free, things are always better when they are free! :smileygrin:

Good about the 12 intrest free credit as well!

I always try to pay for my lastest 'toys' on the spot, so to speak.

I just find it depressing to still be paying for something that I have already had for years... ...but then again, I've had my house now for 7 years and I stil have l another 13 years of mortgage payments left... ...that reminds me, I've got to go to work in the morning! :cry:

CW

magnumopus
Visitor

Woody27

The free DVD's were quite funny. the young saleperson said "Oh and don't forget you'll need some blank DVD's to back up your hard drive" (Unkown to him I sold computer stuff up until around 5 years ago so know every sales trick in the book). I said to him oh thanks for the free gift, that's thoughtful of you, gave him a knowing look and said you're not expecting me to pay for a few disks when I'm spending a grand are you? To which he looked a little uneasy and said uh uh of course not.

I had planed to pay for it outright and have the funds to do so, but if they're silly enough to give me 12 month interest free, well their loss my gain.

Luckily I own my house outright, no mortgage and I'm self-employed so within reason I can please myself when I get up. I'm often burning the midnight oil into the wee small hours on the net.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Wow man thats sleek, I'll have to try that

Woody27
Visitor

Luckily I own my house outright, no mortgage and I'm self-employed so within reason I can please myself when I get up. I'm often burning the midnight oil into the wee small hours on the net.

Sounds like heaven!

CW

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The bad news is all those tax forms.