Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-CR21Z/R Recovery disk dameged, how to buy one from Sony?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Ronald88
Visitor

VGN-CR21Z/R Recovery disk dameged, how to buy one from Sony?

I have a VGN-CR21Z/R laptop and need to use the Recovery disk to re-set it back to factory condition. My recovery disks (2 DVD created few years ago) for some unknown reason are not working.  I have tried to search this site to purchase one but unsuccessful.  Could someone let me know how to buy it from Sony?  I didnot register this laptop and could not register it now, as the product drop down list does not have CR category at all.  Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ronald88,

If you really do need to order a set of recovery media you will need to use the out of warranty telephone number. From the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (Fixed: 0.35£/min)

If you haven't already done so try cleaning the disks.

Alternatively if you are still able to boot the system then create a new set – they will be identical to the original set you created.

Otherwise try tapping F10 at boot, when you see the Vaio logo, to enter the HDD recovery utility.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ronald88,

If you really do need to order a set of recovery media you will need to use the out of warranty telephone number. From the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (Fixed: 0.35£/min)

If you haven't already done so try cleaning the disks.

Alternatively if you are still able to boot the system then create a new set – they will be identical to the original set you created.

Otherwise try tapping F10 at boot, when you see the Vaio logo, to enter the HDD recovery utility.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat