Join now - be part of our community!

VGN FE21M Problem with capslock

yuhaizad
Visitor

VGN FE21M Problem with capslock

Hi all..
I'm using VGN FE21M and so far very happy with it. But recently I have a problem with the capslock, i.e. it cannot be deactivated even if I push the capslock button. I think this is a hardware problem, so I hope someone could assist me on how to repair this.
Thanks....

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi yuhaizad,

It sounds as though you may have ‘filter keys’ turned on. Try pressing both shift keys at the same time to turn the feature off.

If that has no effect try attaching an external keyboard. If that exhibits the same problem then at least we know that it is a software problem.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
yuhaizad
Visitor

first of all, thank for your help. but can you explain more about this filter keys feature on VAIO notebook (VGN FE21M especially)...and also I've found a way to turn off the capslock by using the virtual keyboard (for disabled people) on the monitor (can find this in the control panel). By the way, i've tried to press both shift keys, but nothing happened. How actually do we know if the filter key is turned on or off?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have a look at Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Keyboard > Filterkeys.

However Filterkeys can be turned on even if the box is unchecked. You may find some further help in this thread from another forum.

Turning off filterkeys

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat