Join now - be part of our community!

Add a Sony Digital free view box to my PCV-W1/G

mikearther
Visitor

Add a Sony Digital free view box to my PCV-W1/G

I am trying to add a Sony Digital DV£ VTX free view box to my Sony Vaio PCV-W1/G with out joy. there are only scart leads coming from digibox so i have added a scart to video out left and right cables but can not find the signal ? any idea please

in hope Mikearther

3 REPLIES 3
chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi Mike, if its the Sony box I think it is freeview is put out through the ariel connection too. This means you need to plug the ariel out from the digibox to the ariel in on your vaio. You simply then need to tune your TV card in the Vaio to the channel the Sony digibox is outputting.

Using the Scart - 3 phono leads will allow you to watch but you will have to run it through movie maker or some other recording software to make it work.

The best solution would be to go for a USB digital tuner, much better picture quality & you will be able to chance channel from the PC without having to use the remote of the digibox.

HTH

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi again mikearther,

I think you have to go to TV mode and select the AV input. I'm not quite sure how you do this in Gigapocket but someone else may have specific instructions.

Are there two scarts on the box? Are you using the TV Scart? The VCR Scart may be set to RGB and may not work. The cable is definitely 'Scart to 3 X RCA' not 'RCA to Scart'?

:thinking:

EDIT: Evening Chris - too quick for me again!!!

:wink:

mikearther
Visitor

Thank both ... I do not have a antana cabel out on my Digi box only scart ? but will try a your othe ideas.