Join now - be part of our community!

VGN FS115M - NOISY FAN

chris.stocker
Visitor

VGN FS115M - NOISY FAN

hi all,

i've bought a "VGN FS115M" yesterday. all seems to be good. but it isn't. the fan of my "VGN FS115M" starts when i turn on my notebbok and never stopps.
:slight_frown:

this shouldn't happen on a notebook produced by sony. i tested notebooks from my friends (e.g. ACER). they all are quite in a normal CPU working mode (e.g. WORD, ...)

does anyone have the same problem or a solution. if not, i will give back my notebook to the seller and reclaim my money. i hope this will work, after deinstalling the win xp-home and installing win xp-prof.

lg chris

21 REPLIES 21
Eugenepang
Visitor

this is comman problems on FS series apart from buzzing screen and fragile latches.. :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Chris

Just redtore it to factory defaults, then it's like new.

chris.stocker
Visitor

Chris

Just redtore it to factory defaults, then it's like new.

on my fault, i didn't burn recovery dvds to restore.
so, it's impossible for me to restore it to factory defaults. :slight_frown:

i know - that was dumb !

chris

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Like I said, You could buy them. You must contact VAIO-Link

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Did you delete the recovery partition, because there was a thread where someone managed to restore the PC like that

chris.stocker
Visitor

it's done. my short excursion to VAIO is over.

today i successfully returned my "VGN FS115M" and reclaimed the money for it.

what i did? i bought an other notebook (not a label of SONY) :slight_smile:
but this one works as is suspected. i don't know if i am allowed to make comercial for an other label in this forum? so i end my description here ...

greetings chris

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Shame the Vaio didn't work out for you Chris:smileysad:

There seem to be quite a few complaints regarding the FS models - noisy fans, broken latches etc.

As you've got a new machine now I guess it's Sony who are losing out.

Tut tut Sony:smileysad:

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Seems that Chris was the only person which reacted with the correct answer to a laptop which is made of parts of poorly quality.

I can fully understand Chris. And I hope he becomes lucky with his other Brand laptop. It sounds hard if I say that I hope that other VAIO owners, which are unhappy with his VAIOs will do the same. Because I would do this too, if I would have this problems too.

CaseMillennium
Visitor

Funny, the fan in my VGN FS115Z is quite silent. Yes, it runs all the time, but it is so silent that it really doesn´t disturb me. The buzzing screen noise is louder. Of course, when you do 3D Gaming, the fan gets louder but even then it is pretty silent.
So if you have a loud fan, it is probably a production error, not a design error of the FS-Series. Just read a test in a german magazine and the vaio FS was the most silent sonoma notebook currently available and I can absolutely agree with that.
Of course, using RMClock and installing the original nvidia drivers helps as well :wink: