Join now - be part of our community!

VGN FS115M - NOISY FAN

chris.stocker
Visitor

VGN FS115M - NOISY FAN

hi all,

i've bought a "VGN FS115M" yesterday. all seems to be good. but it isn't. the fan of my "VGN FS115M" starts when i turn on my notebbok and never stopps.
:slight_frown:

this shouldn't happen on a notebook produced by sony. i tested notebooks from my friends (e.g. ACER). they all are quite in a normal CPU working mode (e.g. WORD, ...)

does anyone have the same problem or a solution. if not, i will give back my notebook to the seller and reclaim my money. i hope this will work, after deinstalling the win xp-home and installing win xp-prof.

lg chris

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Which laptop did you choose this time Chris?

chris.stocker
Visitor

a short story ....

at the time i bought the VAIO notebook i spent a lot of time in comparing different notebooks. and i selected one the "ACER TravelMate 8005LMi".

but in the store, i saw the sony VAIO and i felt in love :smileyblush: so i bought the VAIO.

and like it is with women - they change their behavior, if yout get married :laughing:

so i returned the VAIO and bougth the "ACER TravelMate 8005LMi" and i must say: " a very good notebook". it fulfills all my expectations. i am realy happy as you can read :smileygrin:

greetings chris

TygerTyger
Visitor

You would certainly get better value for money with ACER, if perhaps not the shinyness of a Vaio lol. I considered one too. Best of luck with it.

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Nice one.

And is the fan quieter?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I have read a lot of good reviews about the Acer Travelmate series, so good on you for getting one, hope it's as good as the reviewers make it out to be.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Oh I can vouch for that Kee-Lo.

I use the Acer TravelMate 1362 and the 1522 WLMiD Laptops alond with the newer 1672 laptop every single weekend at work, and they are generally nice machines.

mvanwambeke
Visitor

Nothing beats the B1 XP
( exept for the fact that it does not have bluetooth )
- win XP PRO preinstalled ( so you still get software support )
- 1400 x 1200 res on a 14.5 inch screen
- centrino 745 ...

although it does not have a dedicated graphical card, it is able to play good old Doom 3 without problems

you should have gone for that one , because it's silent as a mouse

AND you get that " I can walk into a board room and laugh at my CEO's Toshiba computer" feeling

i2k
Visitor

Hi all,

I have also problem with fan. After few minutes normal use (like word, internet etc....) the fan starts noisy, and it never stops it. This can't be normal?

I have the same model, fs115m. I'm using rmclock, but it won't help me. Is there anything i can do? I'm going to return this laptop, if there is no solution to this problem.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Yes, it seems to be normal. If you are unhappy then return it and take a other one.

The B1XP or B1VP seems to be nice laptop. But it has only a Intel 855GME Graphic Chipset. And it's a classic VAIO without VAIO-zone, etc.
But I think it's a good buy if don't need VAIO-zone or a fast Graphic card for playing games.

hldomster
Visitor

But I think it's a good buy if don't need VAIO-zone or a fast Graphic card for playing games.

Who needs VAIO Zone???:smileygrin: :laughing: :tongue: